COMMIT is excited to conduct a Pursuing Your Purpose transition workshop with Andreessen Horowitz in Menlo Park on September 5th and 6th. This workshop will be open to post 9/11 veterans interested in careers in Silicon Valley. Servicemembers and veterans transitioning out of California units are also welcome to apply.
OVERVIEW: Participating veterans will work with coaches and mentors to establish clear career goals and strategies for a successful transition. COMMIT believes in the power of mentorship and knows that just one story from an inspirational leader can be life changing. We believe the first step for a veteran to identify his or her desired career path is to better understand the values and ideals that shape them beyond military service. This workshop will provide veterans an opportunity to explore these topics with the goals of:
• Educating veterans on different careers in business;
• Expanding their imagination about possible career paths;
• Building confidence about transitioning to a new industry;
• Increasing self-awareness about core values and desired career outcomes; and,
• Providing information about and access to key players in the business sector.
HOW TO APPLY: COMMIT will recruit regionally for participants that are interested in participating in the Menlo program. Please fill out our online application as it becomes available through our website.
For additional questions surrounding this event, please contact:
The COMMIT Foundation at email@example.com
Menlo Park, CA